Classification: Foliage house plant and Flowering house plant
House Plant Group: Bushy plant
Character: large leaves with silvery veins crowned by a golden cone (for about 6 weeks)
Safe for pets? Yes
- Aphelandra aurantice
- Aphelandra squarrosa Brockfeld
- Aphelandra squarrosa Dania
- Aphelandra squarrosa Fritz Prinsler
- Aphelandra squarrosa Louisae
- Temperature: Average warmth
- Light: Brightly lit spot away from direct sunlight
- Water: Keep planting medium moist but not waterlogged
- Repotting: Repot every yearly with either Serbajadi Organic Peat Moss or Serbajadi Multi-Purpose Compost
- Fertiliser: Serbajadi Plant Food Foliar Growing Supreme 26 Liquid Fertilisers (500ml).
- Loss of leaves: Not enough water or too much sun
- Brown leaf tips: Low humidity
- Mealy bugs: Wipe off with a damp cloth/cotton bud and spray with Serbajadi Neem Spray Extra Strength
- Spider mites: Wipe off with a damp cloth/cotton bud and spray with Serbajadi Neem Spray Extra Strength. Attack water-stressed plants, so regularly watering (but not over-watering) will prevent attacks.
- White fly: Spray with Serbajadi Neem Spray Extra Strength.