Listed as one of NASA air filtering plants
Classification: Foliage house plant
House Plant Group: Spear-leaved plant
Character: large, spear-shaped leaves on short stems
Safe for pets? No
- Aglaonema cimmutatum
- Aglaonema cimmutatum silver spear
- Aglaonema modestum (Chinese Evergreen)
- Aglaonema pictum
- Aglaonema pseudobracteatum
- Aglaonema silver queen
- Temperature: Warm
- Light: Semi-shade or bright light. Avoid direct sunlight
- Water: Water thoroughly.
- Repotting: Repot every 3 years with well drained Serbajadi Potting Soil or Serbajadi Multipurpose Potting Mixture
- Fertiliser: Serbajadi Plant Food Foliar Growing Supreme 26 Liquid Fertilisers (500ml).
- Leaves shrivelled brown tips: Needs higher humidity
- Leaves curled. Brown edges: Air too cool
- Mealy bugs: Wipe off with a damp cloth/cotton bud and spray with Serbajadi Neem Spray Extra Strength
- Aphids: Spray the plant with high pressure water followed by Serbajadi Neem Spray Extra Strength
- Spider mites: Wipe off with a damp cloth/cotton bud and spray with Serbajadi Neem Spray Extra Strength. Attack water-stressed plants, so regularly watering (but not over-watering) will prevent attacks.
- Scales: Wipe off with a damp cloth/cotton bud and spray with Serbajadi Neem Spray Extra Strength.