Classification: Feng shui plant
Character: Evergreen plant with upright slender stem
Safe for pets? Yes
- Dracaena braunii
- Dracaena sanderiana
- Temperature: Warm (15 to 22 °C (59 to 72 °F))
- Light: Low to medium light (less light slower growth). Avoid direct sunlight.
- If grown hydroponically, keep the stalk soaked in water. If possible, change the water on a frequent basis to prevent algae growth especially in warm climate. Ideally use distilled water.
- If grown in soil, keep the soil moist but not soggy.
- Soil: Well-drained soil like Serbajadi Potting Soil (5L)
- Fertilizer: Mild diluted liquid fertilizer like Serbajadi Plant Food Foliar Growing Supreme 26 Liquid Fertilisers (500ml).
- Leaves with brown tips: Lack of humidity.
- Yellow leaves: Either natural aging, high salt level in water, too much light or too much fertilizer.
- Stalks yellow from bottom up: Too much fertilizer.
- Thinning stalk: Too little light
- Yellow, brown or mushy stalks: Either root-rot from over-fertilization or over-watering (plants potted in soil) or fungus or bacteria problem. Remove stalk to prevent cross-contamination.
- Algae growth (if grown hydroponically): Too much light penetrated into the glass (especially clear glass). Just clean it out and replace water.