Common Name: Whitefly
Scientific Family Classification: Aleyrodidae
Species: About 1550 species
- Moth-like insects with powdery white wings and short antenna.
- Nymph are of over flattened and has an appearance of almost scale-like
- Immature stages are of pale, almost translucent, and blends with the colour of the leave it attached. Similar to scale insect.
- Veins are not apparent because of the white scale.
- Reproduces rapidly and in very high densities.
- Non-fertilized eggs produce males, fertilized eggs produce females
Damage to plants:
- Releases honeydew and at the same time does releases various viruses to host plant and causes sooty mold to plant
- Stunted growth, leave yellowing and reduce yield.
- Lacewings larvae
- Small wasps of the Aphelinae family
- Use yellow sticky traps
- Spray with Serbajadi Neem Spray Extra Strength.