Listed as one of NASA air filtering plants
Classification: Flowering Pot plant
Character: Attractive bright coloured flower that is available in many colours and shades from white to red.
Safe for pets? Yes
- Gerbera jamesonii (Barbeton daisy)
- Gerbera jamesonii happipot
- Temperature: Average warmth
- Light: Brightly lit spot with some direct sun
- Water: Keep the soil moist at all times.
- Soil: Use either Serbajadi Organic Peat Moss or Serbajadi Multi-Purpose Compost
- Fertilizer: High fertilizer requirements and need regular applications according to recommendations. Try Serbajadi Plant Food Organic Plus 41 Flowering Fertilisers (750gm)
- Overly long flower stems: Inadequate light or excessive ammonium fertilizer
- Overly short flower stems: Not enough watering or excessive soluble salt in soil
- Unexpectedly large foliage: Not enough light intensity
- Stunted or slow growth: Poor soil drainage or aeration
- Plant wilt: Root rot issues or pest attack