Classification: Foliage House plant
House Plant Group: Bushy and climbers & trailers plant (depending on variety)
Character: Easy to grow, suitable for beginners
Safe for pets? Yes
- Pilea bronze (Pilea silver tree)
- Pilea cadierei (Aluminium plant)
- Pilea microphylia (Pilea muscosa – Artillery plant)
- Pilea moon valley (Pilea mollis)
- Pilea Norfolk
- Pilea nummulariifolia (Creeping Charlie)
- Pilea repens (Black leaf panamiga)
- Temperature: Average warmth
- Light: Bright light or semi-shade. Keep away from direct sunlight
- Water: Water liberally. Allow planting medium to dry out slightly between waterings.
- Repotting: Repot every year with either Serbajadi Organic Peat Moss or Serbajadi Multi-Purpose Compost
- Fertilizer: Serbajadi Plant Food Foliar Growing Supreme 26 Liquid Fertilisers (500ml).
- Leaves wilted & discoloured. Stem rot present. Some leaf fall: Overwatering
- Leaf fall: Drainage issues
- Leaves discoloured with brown tips & edges: Not enough light.
- Mealy bugs: Wipe off with a damp cloth/cotton bud and spray with Serbajadi Neem Spray Extra Strength
- Spider mites: Wipe off with a damp cloth/cotton bud and spray with Serbajadi Neem Spray Extra Strength. Attack water-stressed plants, so regularly watering (but not over-watering) will prevent attacks