Classification: Flowering Pot plant
House Plant Group: Flowering pot plant
Character: Velvety plain or ruffled bloom in various colour
Safe for pets? Yes
- Sinningia speciosa (Gloxinia)
- Sinningia speciosa brocade
- Sinningia speciosa champers
- Sinningia speciosa Duchess of York
- Sinningia speciosa Emperor Frederick
- Sinningia speciosa Gregor Mendel
- Sinningia speciosa mont blanc
- Temperature: Average warmth
- Light: Bright light. Avoid direct sunlight
- Water: Keep planting medium moist at all times
- Repotting: Repot when neccessary with either Serbajadi Organic Peat Moss or Serbajadi Multi-Purpose Compost
- Fertilizer: Serbajadi Plant Food Flowering Supreme 31 Liquid Fertilisers (500ml).
- Curled leaves with brown tips: Underwatering
- Plant collapse, tuber soft & rotten: Overwatering or/and waterlogged
- Pale elongated leaves with brown edges: Not enough light
- Flower buds fail to open: Underwatering or/and cold draughts
- Spider mites: Wipe off with a damp cloth/cotton bud and spray with Serbajadi Neem Spray Extra Strength. Attack water-stressed plants, so regularly watering (but not over-watering) will prevent attacks.
- White fly: Spray with Serbajadi Neem Spray Extra Strength.
- Mealy bugs: Wipe off with a damp cloth/cotton bud and spray with Serbajadi Neem Spray Extra Strength