Classification: Foliage House plant
House Plant Group: Bushy plant
Character: Vivid foliage colours and brightness, easy to care
Safe for pets? No
- Coleus blumei (Flame nettle)
- Coleus blumei candidum
- Coleus blumei firebird
- Coleus blumei klondyke
- Coleus blumei scarlet rainbow
- Coleus pumilus trailing queen
- Coleus verschaffeltii
- Temperature: Average warmth
- Light: As much light as possible. Avoid mid-day sun.
- Water: Planting medium needs to be kept moist at all times
- Repotting: Cut back and repot if necessary with either Serbajadi Organic Peat Moss or Serbajadi Multi-Purpose Compost
- Fertilizer: Serbajadi Plant Food Organic Plus 23 Growing Fertilisers (750gm)
- Leggy stems (young plants): Not enough light
- Leggy stems (old plants): Normal
- Leaf drop: Not enough watering
- Spider mites: Wipe off with a damp cloth/cotton bud and spray with Serbajadi Neem Spray Extra Strength. Attack water-stressed plants, so regularly watering (but not over-watering) will prevent attacks.
- Aphids: Spray the plant with high pressure water followed by Serbajadi Neem Spray Extra Strength
- White fly: Spray with Serbajadi Neem Spray Extra Strength.
- Mealy bugs: Wipe off with a damp cloth/cotton bud and spray with Serbajadi Neem Spray Extra Strength